Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last Care Group Meeting





The last care group meeting was held on April 16th 2014. I took the time to tell them how much they meant to me and thanked them for all the hard work we have accomplished. I gave them Boston T-shirts and thank you cards to show them my appreciation although my love for them has always been higher than a palm tree. They have been my support system in the community and I wanted to show them how much I cared for them.

During the meeting, the community decided to name the hospital after my Senegalese name Mame Diarra and add my American name to the NGO contributors list. I am anticipating the inauguration of the poste de santé in the coming year where the certificates will be given out to the Care Group volunteers. At the end of the meeting, they spoke of  the logistics for the party that was held on April 30th 2014.  


No comments:

Post a Comment