Last week, the library project
has been approved by the NGO I worked with for the construction of the health
hut. I had a meeting with the AIC director for the library project at the U.S.
Embassy. A month ago, I sent to him the questionnaire I had gathered on the
books needed by the schools in the community. The next day, I received the
books from the U.S. Embassy in the Peace Corps office. I have reasoned that I
would have to reach out to other NGOs to get more books. So, I reached out to
other organizations like ReadAfrica.org.
I recently was in touch with
another volunteer who worked with this organization to get the contacts she may
have for them and to ask for more information. Next week, I am planning to
reach out to another NGO called “A Thousand Girls” to see if they can donate
books to Dassalami Soce.
I have also reached out to
CARITAS and Aide et Action to collaborate on the library projects. I have also
identified the director of both organizations including the authorities I will
need to speak with for the robinets and latrine projects. I have meetings with
the authorities of the Ministere des Eaux
Hydrauliques on December 7th -9th and January 7th
-9th 2013. I am looking forward to the meetings and the preliminary
work I have accomplished for the projects.
As for the health hut, the
masons started the construction on October 10th and they are almost
finished.
We are preparing for the
inauguration of the health hut in January 2013. I presume it will be a huge
ceremony because the authorities throughout the region will be invited
including those in Dakar. The Care group volunteers will be responsible to organize
the ceremony and gather money from the community.
No comments:
Post a Comment