On March 1st, my work partner and I held a second meeting
with the director and teachers of the French school to assess their needs. The
construction is anticipated to start in two weeks. The bricks have already been
made by the population. I also was appointed the administrator of the Facebook
page of the school. For more information, click on the following link: https://www.facebook.com/ecoleelementaire.dassilamesoce?ref=ts&fref=ts
This is another way to raise awareness of the needs of the village to
other NGO partners. On March 20th, I was emailed by my Vanessa about
an organization called Foundation for Second Chances (F4SC) who is an organization
working with disadvantaged youths in the U.S. They are planning to come to
Senegal in June and I was selected to show them my community and talk a bit
about Senegal. In exchange, they would donate books to my library project. It
has been a month since I heard from them. I am going to reach out to Vanessa
about updates. To learn more about this organization, click on the link http://ffscinc.org/
In the meeting, the director decided to build a school garden in which I
suggested he might want to have a meeting with the women of the village. We
will have the meeting within the next two weeks on May 23rd.This is
a new project developed last month but I am also trying to connect people so
they can learn to depend with one another in my community. Recently, I have
taken a formation with my work partner on Book Management at a library which he
will teach to the teachers and the director when the library is finished.
I had a meeting with Action Aid, an organization based in Kaolack that
intervenes in the region of Fatick on education on May 2nd. It was a
fruitful meeting where I gained information on other NGOs whom I can possibly
work with such Aide et Action, an NGO based on Dakar along with their contact information.
I am planning to reach out to this NGO in the next two weeks. While I was away,
the director of the school had a meeting with the parents of the students on
the school garden. They decided that each student should bring two pickets to
strengthen the fence around the garden. I am thinking of working with an AG
volunteer on this project after the rainy season. In the meeting, we also considered
how we will include the school in the future projects of Pharmaciens Sans Frontieres and other NGOs we have reached out to. Some of the main needs that were discussed were:
a. Construction des logements des enseignants a
Dassalami Soce
b. Des cours de renforcements et
d’alphabétisation
c. Des équipements de travail pour les élèves
et les enseignants
d. Organiser des tournois de Match entre les
élèves des villages impliques dans le projet
e. Construction d’une clôture pour l’école
f. Organiser des tournois de génies/ questions
pour les élèves
g. Fournir des uniformes/blouses aux élèves
1. Expérimenter avec un programme de formation
avec les enfants de l’école française pour améliorer la performance des
étudiants en lecture/écriture et en mathématiques.
2. Avoir des formations avec les enseignants
sur les thèmes sur dont ARED travaille
pour incluir dans le curriculum des enseignants et des élèves de Dassalami Soce
pour améliorer la qualité d’enseignements-apprentissage.
3. Aider les enseignants dans la mise en place
de manuels de formation adaptes à leur milieu et à leur contexte.
4. Acquisition de livres publiés par ARED sur
la gestion de la case de santé et sur l’éducation.
NEEDS ASSESSMENT OF DASSALAMI FRENCH SCHOOL
a. Acquisition de livres pédagogiques avec des
dessins
b. Difficultés des
enseignants avec le travail manuel (Comment on confectionne les arts plastiques
et les dessins ?)
c. La cultivation du
jardin de l’école et la construction d’une clôture pour l’école
d.Acquisition d’un
ordinateur par classe et une formation en informatique didactique pour
pratiquer dans les classes
e.Construction de
Latrines : Les murs ont des fissures dans tout le logement
f.Incrémentation des
images et informations sur la page Facebook de l’école de Dassalami
g.Ouverture d’un compte
de banque pour l’école de Dassalami pour ses futures partenaires
h.Incluir la boite
postale de Dassalami Soce sur la page Facebook de l’école. Transférer la
boite à Karang
No comments:
Post a Comment