Sunday, July 1, 2012

06/12/2012


Today we had a meeting with the school director and teachers at the elementary school at Dassalami. There are 135 students and 6 teachers. The meeting went very well. They expressed a lot of enthusiasm to have me help them in the activities they have. We discussed about their needs and the current resources they already have.  I told them that I wanted to analyze the gap between the resources they already had versus their needs because that would allow me to see in which capacity I can help them. There are 135 students and 6 teachers. I researched later that the U.S. Embassy can donate books and dictionaries to schools. You first have to send them a request. I intend to make this my second project by creating a library room for the elementary school. Their needs overpower their resources because they have shared concerns over the Ministry of Education not being able to give out educational resources to schools throughout Senegal.

Needs

1.       Materials for students (les bics and notebooks)/ Provide French dictionaries to teachers

2.       Une prise en charge des eleves pour les soigner

3.       A fence around the garden

4.       Provide geography books

5.       Create activities for the students

6.       Murals around the school

7.       Provide English classes

8.       Create a garden/pepiniere

a.       This garden would benefit the women in my village. They would cultivate their own vegetablesinstead of traveling miles to get them and sell them in the village. They would save money and it would also promote health nutrition in the school.

9.       Provide Geometric materials (rulers, compas et equerre)

Needs (Contact NGOS)

1.       A wall fence around the school

2.       Build adequate latrines (contact Garrisson)

3.       Provide geography books to students

4.       A well cover

No comments:

Post a Comment