Although I received funding
from Appropriate Projects, I am continuing to look for other sources of funding
to finance the latrines in my community. There is a possibility we might place
it in the upcoming project of the current NGO I am working with. In the
meantime, I have been pouring over the list of resources I have on latrine
options, the cost-benefits of installing certain types of latrines and the socio-ecological
impacts it will have communities at-large.
Since July 26th, I have
also consulted with Garrison Harward, a CED RPCV from Senegal on his experiences
of building new and improved latrines in his community. He has been an amazing
resource to help me thinks on the logistics of placing latrines in my community
at this point of my service. He has given to me the contact information of the
masons he used to build those latrines. I will be hosting a meeting with these
masons to see if we can collaborate on this project before the larger village meeting. I will update more on this
project as it progresses to fruition.
No comments:
Post a Comment