Sunday, January 12, 2014

Peace Corps Health Newsletter


I have been recommended to write case studies for my 8 projects in the Peace Corps Health newsletter since December 10th from my supervisor. I am going to start reporting on my projects starting in January 2014. I plan to use this platform to showcase my blog because it talks about the projects in details. For the past year, I have also been serving informally as a project planning consultant to volunteers in different sectors including Health, Community Economic Development (CED), Agriculture (AG) and Sustainable Agriculture (SusAg).
 
 
Essentially, I am helping these volunteers think about their projects in context to community diagnostics, monitoring and evaluation, cultural competency, best practices in the field and community involvement so that they can design action plans and/or concrete goals to better their communities’ needs. I have received positive feedbacks from these volunteers on the implementation of projects in their sites.
 
 
I am going to extend this to the work zone team in Toubacouta so I can better serve the new volunteers during and after my PC service. There is a strong possibility I will be extending for a third year in a leadership position with an NGO partnered with Peace Corps. I will also be working on my Volunteer Report File (VRF)to create a table of contacts of all the NGOs I have worked with during service. I think volunteers will find it helpful if they want to do cross-sector work in Peace Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment